John Ludwig is a musician and composer whose philosophy is music is a tool to help people connect with God. His musical diversity ranges from bluegrass, folk, country, Irish, bagpipes, rock, polka, and even zydeco. His musical inspiration was unleashed during his first wife’s battle with terminal ovarian cancer. His first album, “Grief, Loss & Hope for Tomorrow,” shipped on September 11, 2001.
John is an accomplished bagpiper and member of the Medinah Highlanders; President of the Chicago Songwriters Collective since 2006 where he increased the membership from less than 100 to over 1,500; a founding member of the Palos Park Presbyterian Community Church Praise Band; and is a voting member of the Recording Academy (GRAMMYs).
Although John is more than capable of finding the humor in life, his music is ultimately a tool to help people connect to God.
- Grief, Loss & Hope for Tomorrow (2001)
- Working Without a Net (2004)
- Pipes for the People (2008) – from his alter ego, Piper Johnny
- Winkin’ Dinkin’ and Nod (2011)
- Beyond Bitterblue (2007)
- One Night in Bethlehem (ONiB) (2016)
Song movie credits include
John plays out solo or in various band situations. He has an easy rapport with the audience and has played in a variety of places; some expected, some not. These include coffeehouses, yearly at the Fox Valley Folk Festival, acoustic performances on a prairie for a conservation group, and nursing homes.
Over the last 30 years he has played bagpipes with Shrine bands in hundreds of parades and performances, as well as solo gigs at weddings, funerals, and parties.
Some of his favorite musical moments were playing for Katrina evacuees and also playing at the maximum security wing of the Cook County Jail.
Songs by John Music Record Label
John and his wife Jill work together in the business of recording, publishing, and distribution. For more information, get in touch with Jill Ludwig at email@example.com, or visit John’s website www.songsbyjohn.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Chicago Songwriter’s Collective is a place where I’ve met a lot of great folks. If you’re a current
or potential songwriter check it out. Very reasonable to join and you’ll get a lot back. www.meetup.com/vocalists-151
- The American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers ascap.com
- I play bagpipes with the Highlanders of Medinah Shrine of Addison. Medinahhighlanders.org/Highlanders/Home.html
- The Grammy’s grammy.com
- Palos Park Presbyterian Community Church pppcc.com